The three primary omega 3s are alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). In the marine-based omega 3s (DHA and EPA), algae is the first source of omega 3, which moves up the marine food chain through bioaccumulation, giving large, fatty, cold water, marine fish the highest concentrations. ALA omega-3 is the land based omega 3 and can be found in nuts, seeds and many vegetables, with notably high concentrations in chia, flax, walnuts and avocados. Unfortunately, while ALA could be potentially an adequate omega 3 source if on an extremely low omega 6 content diet, it may not be a viable source for most of us. In the human body, ALA must be converted to EPA and then to DHA in order to produce the bioactive products but the conversion can be anywhere between 0.2-20%.
Benefits of Omega -3 Fatty Acid Benefits
100% free from toxins and contaminants
The purest and most natural form of omega 3 EPA & DHA
Helps towards the formation of a healthy brain
Helps aid protection against cardiovascular disease
100% free from saturated animal fat
Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit which resembles a small pumpkin. It grows in India and Asia and comes from the Garcinia cambogia tree. For many centuries this fruit and rind, also called Malabar tamarind, has been valued in Southern India. The principal acid of garcinia fruit, hydroxycitrate (HCA), has been shown to curb appetite and inhibit fatty acid synthesis (production) in animal studies. Many companies add extract from the fruit or rind to vitamins or supplements to assist in weight loss
Latin Name: Garcinia cambogia
Common Name: Citrin, Gambooge, Brindal Berry, Gorikapuli, HCA, Hydroxycitric acid
Plant Parts Used: Fruit rind
Standardized For: Calcium salts upto 70% Hydroxycitric acid (HCA)
Potassium salts (watx`er soluble) upto 50% HCA
Combined Ca/K Salts (water soluble) upto 60% HCA
Magnesium salt (water soluble) upto 60% HCA
Description: Hydroxycitric acid in the form of fine powder
Benefit of Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- The ability for Garcinia’s component, HCA, to reduce blood lipid levels and lower blood cholesterol is another feature of this amazing natural medicine.
- Garcinia has also been historically used to treat gastric ulcers.
- A recent study showed that Garcinia prevented liver cells from becoming fibrotic and stopped cell damage caused by high blood lipid levels.
- Garcinia Cambogia also contains great amounts of Vitamin C and has been used as a heart tonic.
Grape seed extract is a rich source of proanthocyanidins, powerful plant compounds that help the body fight the damaging and aging effects of free radicals. Grape seed extract also provides a concentrated source of one of the most beneficial groups of plant flavonoids called proanthocyanidins (also called oligomeric proanthocyanidins or OPCs/PCOs). These flavonoids exert many health-promoting effects, mainly due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidative actions. that is thought to decrease the risk for developing certain cancers. It is used for conditions related to heart health, such as atherosclerosis.
Benefit of Grape Seeds Extract
Grape Seed Powder has the dual benefit of increasing blood flow and muscular pump, whilst also being a strong antioxidant; protecting your body from oxidative damage.
Grape Seed to increase blood flow and reduce oxidative stress, can only be beneficial.
4. Studies have shown the antioxidant activity of these specific bioflavonoids is 20 to 50 times greater than Beta-Carotene or Vitamins C and E at scavenging specific free radicals
5. Other health benefits researched include lowering ‘bad’ cholesterol, reducing vascular disease and fighting skin disease.
Turmeric is a member of the Curcuma botanical group, which is part of the ginger family of herbs, the Zingiberaceae. The root and rhizome (underground stem) of the Curcuma longa L. plant is crushed and powdered into ground Turmeric. Ground Turmeric is used worldwide as a seasoning as the main ingredient in curries, and is the source of Curcumin. Curcumin is present in the spice Turmeric, frequently used in Indian food. Its chemical makeup is responsible for the yellow coloring of turmeric, and is often used specifically to give color to foods. However, it may serve a more important purpose to humans. Medical researchers are fascinated by Curcumin because it has been shown to have several properties that may fight specific forms of cancer. It’s the main biologically active Curcuminoids of Curcuma longa.
Botanical Name: Curcuma Longa
Latin Name: Curcuma Longa
Common names: Haldi, Turmeric
Active Content: 95% Curcuminoids by HPLC
Plant Part Used: Rhizomes
Applications: Anti – Oxidant
Benefit of Curcumin Extract
- Turmeric, a well-known traditional herb, contains Curcumin, a potent antioxidant that offers numerous health benefits.
- Curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory.
- Curcumin is role in boosting the body’s immune system and fighting heart disease and cancer.
- Curcumin’s effect against breast cancer is nothing short of amazing; both against a common variety of breast cancer cells.
- curcumin’s most important activities in the human body is its ability to inhibit activation of the transcription factoc.
- It was also used to treat “low energy” and a variety of skin and wound conditions
- Curcumin has been used since ancient times to treat disorders from arthritis and digestive problems, to urinary complaints.